TULSA - Here are the stories that got Tulsa talking on January 10, 2014:
1. ARE YOU COLD? IT'S NOT JUST YOU. There's a new study out to back up all the clammy clamor. NerdWallet.com ranks Tulsa ninth in the cities most affected by the Polar Vortex.
The study looked at the difference between the average low temperatures in history and compared it to this year.
Tulsa made it to -2. Our average low is 27 degrees. Indianapolis took the top spot with -15 this week.
2. SPRUCING UP THE YARD: It won't be long before outdoor weather returns. The Tulsa Remodel and Landscape Show is here to help.
"People want to go outside, they want to have an outdoor room. That's a very popular term," said Nathan Vaughn of Bluum Outdoor Environments.
A list of outdoor trends:
- vibrant colors for furniture and flowers
- pergolas for a backyard focal point
- outdoor kitchens.
The Tulsa Remodel and Landscape Show runs through Sunday (Jan. 10-12) at the Cox Business Center.
3. THE ZOOM ROOM: Grand Opening is set for Saturday for Tulsa's first indoor dog park and training facility.
"It's a fun, progress twist on dog training," said Joey Gursky owner of Zoom Room Tulsa, 4329 S. Peoria Avenue.
Customers can join training classes, or rent out the space by the half-hour to allow their pet to run free.
Grand opening festivities are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. and include:
- Tulsa SPCA mobile adoption center on site
- Mobile Veterinary Hospital of Tulsa will offer free exams and nail clippsings
- catering from Biga Italian Restaurant
- Raffle, contest and doggie disco party
Click here to register.