Valentine's Day is coming, and Americans will spend more than $13 billion to demonstrate their love, adoration, and fear of being sent to the doghouse.
Here are some other Valentine's Day stats by the Numbers:
- 180 million Valentine's Day cards are exchanged annually
- 189 million roses are sold in the U.S. on Valentine's Day alone
- 53 percent of women would end their relationship if they didn't get a gift on Valentine's Day
- $116 is the amount of money the average romantic spends on valentine's day
- About 3 percent of people give valentine's gifts to their pets.
- 64 percent of American men don't make plans in advance for a Valentine's Day with their sweetheart.
Looking for the perfect gift. Roseann Higgins is a professional matchmaker and the founder/CEO of SPIES. She's matched up couples for years and knows what works and what doesn't.