It's tailgating time, but don't settle for chips and beer. Here are 3 great tailgating tips from Chef Matt Grunwald.
1) GOURMET BURGERS: Perfectly seasoned, grilled over medium heat, 80 percent fat hamburgers are professionally crafted when served with Chef Matt Grunwald's Chipotle-Lime-Greek Yogurt Dressing (recipe below), White American Cheese, Freshly Sliced Avocados and a Pinch of Smoked Paprika.
2) DRESSED UP DOGS: Ditch the redundant relish on your next grilled hotdog and trade up with Grunwald's Roasted Red Pepper, Caramelized Onion, Sun-Dried Tomato and Peppadew Pepper Relish. Also, cook in a cast iron skillet on the grill. Butterflied, buttered hot dogs arrive at culinary perfection when browned in a cast iron skillet on the grill.
3) AMAZING DRINKS: Be a tailgate mixologist by serving Chef Matt's Desert Orange Smash. All it is is muddled limes and mint that are vigorously shaken with Tequila, Triple Sec, and a slice of Serrano Chili. Once strained, this lively drink is topped with a touch of Clementine Soda. A great way to kick off your tailgating party.
Follow Matt on Twitter at Twitter.com/ChefMatthewG
Plus, the 5 essential tools you'll be glad you brought to a Tailgate:
1) Mosquito/bug repellant
2) Cast iron skillet
3) Duct Tape
4) A few Lighters
5) Frozen Water Bottles
Chef Matt Grunwald's Chipotle, Lime and Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup high-quality mayo
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped
- 3 strips crispy bacon, chopped
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients together and whisk. Make the night before and store in an airtight container for maximum flavor potential.