It’s December 17 and these were the top 5 stories people were talking about:
1) SANDY HOOK TRIBUTE: The president joined a nation in mourning at a vigil on Sunday.
"God has called them all home. For those of us who remain, let us find the strength to carry on and make our country worthy of their memory," said President Obama.
During the weekend, parents who lost young angels at Sandy Hook Elementary began to speak of the unspeakable to the media while the rest of the America watched and mourned with them.
"She was the type of person who could light up the room," said one parent.
2) GLOWING IN GREEN: Now 12 weeks pregnant, Kate Middleton made her first post hospital appearance Sunday night in London. The duchess was on hand to give out top awards for the BBC's sports personality of the year.
Kate received a standing ovation as she joined soccer star David Beckham on stage. We saw no baby bump in the beautiful emerald green gown she wore, but she appears to have beaten her bouts of morning sickness.
3) TRAVEL CRUSH: Holiday travelers are packing their bags this week in record numbers. Newly released stats reveal Santa may incur extra baggage charges this year as more passengers are taking flight in 2012 than they did in 2011. Approximately 42 million will be flying home or somewhere for the holidays.
And the roads will be busy too. AAA says 84 million Americans will be traveling by car.
4) THAT’S AMORE: Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusoni took his May/December romance to the next level. The 76-year-old Silvio got engaged to 28-year-old former shop assistant Francesca Pascale.
5) POP RIVALRY: Diet Pepsi is getting a new look ... and taste. They're changing their sweetener ahead of a major rebranding that is set for January. The new brand will feature a new logo with a heart and the theme "love every sip."