Valentine's Day can be one of the worst nights to go out to eat, but chances are you've got to. So, here are six ways to save money on one of the most expensive nights of the year.
1) Make sure to use a card that offers bonus miles for dining out such as Chase Sapphire Preferred, which offers 2 points per dollar on all restaurant spending.
2) You'll need a reservation if you're eating out on Valentine's Day, so you might as well book it on OpenTable.com Each reservation gets you 100 points. Once you get to 2,000 points, Open Table sends you a check for $20.
3) Be sure to enroll whatever credit card you use in a dining rewards program. United's Dining Program offers bonus miles that could earn you up to 5 per dollar at a lot of restaurants. You don't have to do anything special - just enroll your card and the miles appear automatically.
4) American, Alaska, Delta, Southwest, US Airways, Hilton, Priority Club and more all offer dining rewards programs.
5) Of course, you could use a Groupon or Living Social deal, or head to restaurant.com to nab a bargain.
6) Fast food chains like Dunkin Donuts offer some Valentine's options if you want to go super cheap.
Of course, there's always the option of staying in and cooking. Happy Valentine's Day!