15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Your SmartphoneTechList The List
A new study says the average smartphone user touches their smartphone over 2,600 times day, while heavy users touch theirs over 5,400! Let's look at some more mind-blowing smartphone facts!
1. The average American spends 4.7 hours on their smartphones everyday and almost three hours of that time is non-voice activities. We now spend more time on mobile apps than we do watching TV.
2. 42.5 percent of smartphone users in Brazil would rather give up water and electricity for a day than go without their phone.
3. One in five people actually produce a new kind of brain wave when they're texting.
4. The probability that a car crash involved a cell phone is one in four.
5. The average mobile phone user takes 150 photos a month.
6. Users downloaded 130 billion apps last year, which is especially impressive when you consider they didn't exist ten years ago.
7. This year, 51% of holiday online shopping visits will be done on smartphones.
8. The number one most popular iPhone app of all time is Facebook.
9. 58% of apps go unused within 30 days of being downloaded, and 12 weeks is the average amount of time an app is left dormant before it gets deleted.
10. The first mobile phone cost $4,000. Now a company from India called Ringing Bells sells one for $4.
11. Of the seven billion people in the world, an estimated 3.7 billion of them own mobile phones. Only 3.5 billion own toothbrushes.
12. One of today's smart phones has more computing power than all of NASA back in 1969, you know, back when they were landing people on the moon.
13. 57% of people say they use their phone as an alarm clock. 50% no longer wear watches.
14. 33% of smartphones get broken or lost.
Do you prefer an iPhone or Android? Let us know on our Facebook page, @TheListShowTV.