3 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes That Are DeliciousFood The List
Here are the full recipes:
1. Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
– Serves Four
• Ingredients: 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free optional), 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree, 2 tbsp
peanut butter or almond butter, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tbsp
vanilla extract, 1 cup chopped walnuts, pumpkin seeds, + slivered almonds, 1 tbsp ground flax seed, 1
tbsp chia seed, handful of mini chocolate chips or swap out for raisins or goji berries
• Directions: 1. Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl until very thoroughly mixed. 2. Roll into
small bite size balls. 3. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment sheet and freeze for one hour. 4.
• Talking Points – These are perfect post workout snacks as pumpkins are loaded with potassium. A little
extra potassium helps restore the body’s balance of electrolytes after a heavy workout and keeps muscles
functioning at their best.
2. Pumpkin Pie Pudding
– Serves Two
• Ingredients: 1 can full fat coconut cream, 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree, 2 TSP honey, 1 TSP cinnamon
• Directions: 1. Open your can of coconut cream and scoop the solid, fatty part into your blender or mixing
bowl . You can save the leftover coconut water for smoothies. 2. Add the remaining ingredients to the
blender or mixing bowl. 3. Pulse in blender to mix ingredients into light and fluffy mousse. 4. Pour mousse
into serving dish and sprinkle with additional cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or nutmeg and coconut flakes.
5. Serve immediately or store in the fridge and enjoy chilled.
3. Warming Pumpkin Soup Topped With Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
• Ingredients: 1–15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (or 1⅔ cups homemade pumpkin puree), 1/2 can full fat
coconut milk or heavy whipping cream, 1 small onion, cut into quarters, 1 small clove garlic (really small), 1
tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
WEB BONUS: Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins
– Serves Four
• Ingredients: 3 eggs (lightly beaten), 1 cup buckwheat flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp Salt, 3 tsp pumpkin pie
spice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 can pure pumpkin puree, 3 tbsp melted coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla
extract, 1/4 cup coconut nectar or honey, 1/4 cup chopped pecans and/or pumpkin seeds, 1 TBSP chia seeds.
• Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tins with coconut oil. 2. Mix flour, baking soda,
salt, and spices in a bowl. 3. Add the eggs, pumpkin, chia seeds, vanilla extract and honey. Stir it up! 4. Spoon
into 10 muffin cups and sprinkle the chopped pecans and pumpkin pie spice on top. 5. Bake for about 20-25
minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
What's your favorite fall treat? Join the conversation on our Facebook page, @TheListShowTV.