3 Just-Add-Water Recipes Using Powdered IngredientsFood The List
Whether you’re packing food for a camping trip, or meal prepping for the week, it turns out you can make a whole day’s worth of food just by adding water! Dried and powdered foods are super easy to find online and in most grocery stores. So today we’re bringing you three recipes where the only instructions involve adding water.
1. Breakfast Tacos in a Bag
Who doesn’t enjoy a easy and cheesy breakfast? Here’s a simple recipe you can make on days you’re rushing out the door.
- In a freezer bag, package:
- 1/4 cup powdered eggs
- Pinch of dried peppers
- Pinch of dried onions
- 1 tbsp finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Sliced avocado (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- 1 cup pico de gallo (for garnish)
- 3 corn or flour tortillas
- Hot sauce of choice
Heat a medium pot of water over medium heat to just simmering. Add 1/4 cup of water to the bag and squish the bag to combine (or put in a bowl and stir with a fork).
Place the bag of egg mixture into the water completely submerged and simmer 10 to 15 minutes uncovered, until solid and just cooked through. You can weigh down the bag with a smaller pot lid if needed.
Warm tortillas in microwave in 10-second increments until soft. Fill with egg, top with avocado slices, pico de gallo, and hot sauce as desired.
2. Chili-Spiced Noodles in a Jar
Next up is lunch. If you’re looking to bring the heat and flavor, we have you covered. You’ll be surprised at the amount of flavor a jar can pack.
- 1/2 cup dried vegetable medley
- 1/2 package of wide rice noodles or more depending on size of jar
- 1/4 cup dried onions
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 chicken bullion cube
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large mason jar
- Fill jar with noodles and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Fill to the brim with boiling water and let sit until the ingredients rehydrate and the pasta is cooked. Careful, the jar is hot! Drain excess water. It all should take about 10 minutes.
3. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Here’s a dessert we know you’ll love. It’s fast and amazingly delicious. All you need to do is dump your ingredients in a mug, pop it in the microwave, and voila! Dessert is served.
- 3 tbsp powdered chocolate peanut butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix all the ingredients evenly and microwave in a mug for 30-45 seconds. Serve with vanilla ice cream.