5 Silly Jokes to Celebrate Presidential Joke DayEntertainment The List
August 11 is National Presidential Joke Day! This holiday dates back to August 11, 1984. Before a radio broadcast, President Ronald Reagan performed a sound check. He said, "my fellow Americans, I’m pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes." Networks agreed that sound checkes were "off the record," but this quote was leaked to the public. Reagan has his jokes, and we're sharing our favorite presidential jokes.
1. Which one of Washington's officers had the best sense of humor?
2. Why did George Washington have trouble sleeping?
Because he couldn't lie
3. How did George Washington speak to his army?
In general terms
4. What would you get if you crossed a gorilla with the sixteenth U.S. president?
5. What rock group has four guys who didn't sing?
Which of these jokes is your favorite? Share your comments with us on our Facebook page!