5 Things You Didn’t Know About Alan ThickeThe List Trending
We were right in the middle of this episode of Fuller House, that stars Alan Thicke, when we heard the sad news of his passing. Immediately, the internet was flooded with memories of "America's Dad." Some spilling fun facts that many don't know.
1. He wrote the theme songs for "Wheel of Fortune," "Diff-rent Strokes" and "The Facts of Life."
2. In the '80s, he went head to head with Johnny Carson in late night with his talk show "Thicke of the Night."
3. He landed the role of Jason Seaver while he was pitching another show he had written to ABC. They were developing "Growing Pains" at the time and thought he would fit the part.
In this clip, Alan reveals his favorite moment while working on "Growing Pains."
4. Alan and Mindy Cohn, who played Natalie on "The Facts of Life" had a radio talk show together called "TalkZone."
5. He "swapped" wives with Gilbert Gottfried for an episode of "Celebrity Wife Swap."
BONUS: He performed his song "Hot and Sweaty" at the 1988 Crystal Light National Aerobic Championship.
Share your favorite Alan Thicke moment on our Facebook page. Jump in on the conversation @TheListShowTv