5 Things You Didn’t Know About Historic Route 66Entertainment The List
Beginning in Chicago and ending in California, Route 66 stretches 2,451 miles. It’s the ultimate American road trip and is turning 90 years old this November. To celebrate, Donna Ruko has five things you didn’t know about this historic road.
1. It started as a dirt road until the Great Depression.
2. Route 66 is no longer considered a highway.
3. Arizona has the longest stretch.
4. The first McDonald’s opened on Route 66.
5. Route 66 has inspired many big Hollywood movies like Pixar’s Cars.
Have you ever done a road trip on Route 66? Share your pictures with us on our Facebook page, @TheListShowTV.