Chill Out & Party On: 3 DIY booze-friendly popsicle recipesFood The List
On a hot summer day, nothing beats unwrapping your favorite frozen treat to cool off. If your favorite iced treat growing up was popsicles, Donna Ruko's got a grown up version that your adulting self is going to love. Now you can enjoy your favorite cocktails on a stick by chilling out with easy DIY "Poptails".
1. Honeydew Cucumber Margarita
Makes five 2-and-1/4-oz. popsicles
1 cup honeydew juice (approximately a whole melon weighing 1lb)
1/3 cup cucumber juice (approximately half a cucumber weighing 5oz.)
½ cup tequila
1 tablespoon triple sec
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3 large mint sprigs
1. Puree the honeydew and cucumber in a food processor or a blender. Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and blend for another 20-30 seconds. Pour mixture into popsicles mold.
2. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
2. Pomegranate Sex on the Beach
Makes 10 popsicles
12 oz. pineapple ( about half of a large pineapple)
3 oz. raspberries (about 13 regular-size raspberries)
4 oz. vodka
2 oz. Pama Pomegranate liqueur
1. Place the pineapple and vodka in a food processor or a blender and process until pureed and well blended. Set aside.
2. Place raspberry and Pama Pomegranate Liqueur in the food processor or a blender and process until pureed and well blended.
3. Pour 1/2 oz of pineapple mixture into each popsicle mold, then pour 1 oz of raspberry mixture on top of it. Fill remainder of the popsicle molds with pineapple mixture. Use the narrow handle of a spoon or fork to gently drag raspberry mixture through the pineapple mixture and against the walls of the mold for a soft swirling effect.
4. Freeze for at least 6 hours. To release popsicles, run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for 2-3 seconds.
3. Bourbon Peaches and Cream
Makes 18-22 popsicles
1 cup ripe peaches, crushed
¼ cup bourbon
2 cups plain yogurt
1. Peel and slice peaches. Use a potato masher to crush the peaches. Combine crushed peaches and bourbon in a bowl, mix to combine. Add yogurt to the peach and bourbon mixture and combine.
2. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To release popsicles, run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for 2-3 seconds.
The bonus part about all of these popsicles? You can make them as virgin drinks for the kids (or the coworkers) too!
What's your favorite drink to indulge in during the summer season? Cheers with us on our Facebook page, @TheListShowTV.