LOL @ the IRS: 10 funny facts & gifs about taxesThe List Trending
It never feels like a holiday to us but to Uncle Sam, Tax Day is like Christmas Morning. According to a survey, 35% of taxpayers would rather discuss sex with their kids than do their taxes. Bananas! But if taxes seem a bit scary, maybe you'll feel better knowing that it's just a numbers game, and Kristina Guerrero is breaking those numbers down for you with these 10(99) tax facts.
1. The number of words in the Federal Tax Code: 10.1 Million.
To put it in perspective for you, the Bible has 700K words. Now that's a good read.
2. 27% of Americans would get an IRS tattoo to avoid taxes for life.
Who knows? Maybe the amount of taxes you'd have to pay in a lifetime would actually be worth it…not that we're recommending it.
3. 8% said they'd name their firstborn child "Taxes" to avoid them.
Talk about awkward elementary school experiences…
4. 35% of taxpayers would rather discuss sex with their kids than do their taxes.
Okay…that's really awkward.
5. 6.1 Billion hours is how much time it takes Americans to do their taxes each year.
That's about 16 hours per person. That's, like, 4 naps!
6. The #1 most hated federal agency, according to a Gallup poll, is: the IRS.
We're sure some IRS workers are super nice!
7. 72% of Americans qualify for free tax assistance.
Anyone who makes below 54K can qualify. Go to the IRS website to find how! It might be faster than that toll free number because…
8. In 2015, only 37% of calls made to the IRS toll free number were actually answered.
And on average, there was a 23 minute wait time. That's, like, half a nap! Not to mention there were 8.8 million "courtesy disconnects", which happen when a call is terminated because the switchboard is overloaded. Rude.
9. 160 was Einstein's IQ and even he said, "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
"Don't tell anyone I'm procrastinating. It's easier to understand this model than figure out what tax forms I need to complete…"
10. The good news? $3,120 was the average tax refund.
Not to shabby, even with all those unwelcome hassles. Get yourself something nice. You've earned it.
How do you get through the stress of tax season? Tell us on our Facebook page, @TheListShowTV.