National Tequila Day 2018: 6 Easy Drink & Dessert Recipes Using TequilaFood
National Tequila Day is July 24, which means it’s time to knock back a few shots of our favorite alcohol. So chop up some limes, and break out the salt-rimmed glasses, because we’re sharing six tasty tequila recipes to help you celebrate National Tequila Day.
Who says you can’t start off the day with a nice, refreshing margarita? We won’t judge! This twist on the classic Blood Mary is perfect to drink on National Tequila Day, or any day if you ask us.
- 1oz Reposado Tequila
- ½ oz Mezcal
- 4oz Bloody Mary mix
Place all ingredients in an ice filled glass. Mix to combine. Garnish with a lime wedge.
2. Verde Bonita Margarita
Here’s another margarita recipe to sip on National Tequila Day – brought to you by Macayo’s marketing director Ashley Negrón. And yes, that rhymes with “Patrón!”
- Azunia Blanco Tequila
- Tijuana Sweet Heat
- Fresh cucumber juice*
- ·Slice of jalapeño, deseeded
- Sun Orchard freshly squeezed lime juice
- Agave syrup—diluted
- Mint for garnish
In mixing cup, muddle one slice of jalapeño (deseeded), and 3/4 oz. Sun Orchard fresh-squeezed lime juice. Add 1/2 oz. agave syrup (diluted), one ounce fresh cucumber juice, one oz. Tijuana sweet heat, and one and a half ounces of Azunia Blanco tequila. Shake and strain liquid over fresh ice into salted pint glass.
Fresh Cucumber Juice
Cut off the ends of two cucumbers. Do not remove the skin. Cut each cucumber into half-inch pieces and blend cucumber slices with one ounce of water.
3. Mexican Fresca (Cantarito)
Don’t let National Tequila Day pass you by without trying this classic, yet super simple cocktail.
- Silver tequila
- Freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Fill mixing cup with ice
- Pour 2 ½ oz of homemade squirt
- Pour 1 ½ oz of silver tequila
- Use citrus squeezer to squeeze juice from ½ lime
- Use citrus squeezer to squeeze juice from ½ lemon
4. Honeydew Cucumber Margarita Pops
On a hot summer day, nothing beats unwrapping your favorite frozen treat to cool off. Here’s a recipe for some Honeydew Cucumber Margarita pops that are the perfect refreshers!
- Makes five 2-and-1/4-oz. popsicles
- 1 cup honeydew juice (approximately a whole melon weighing 1lb)
- 1/3 cup cucumber juice (approximately half a cucumber weighing 5oz.)
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 large mint sprigs
- Puree the honeydew and cucumber in a food processor or a blender. Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and blend for another 20-30 seconds. Pour mixture into popsicle mold.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To release popsicles, run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
5. Margarita Cupcakes for National Tequila Day
You read that right. We shouldn’t limit National Tequila day to drinks only — let’s talk dessert! The YouTube Channel The Sweetest Vegan has an amazing Margarita Cupcake that’s to die for.
6. Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken
And finally, a recipe you can eat at the dinner table. The YouTube Channel Dishin With Di has a killer Grilled Tequila Lime Recipe that’ll impress your guests and leave them asking for seconds.